Matt and Sonya's Blog
A family vacation is great! It's an ideal way for parents and their kids to feel fresh and have fun after the daily grind at the office and the school. A family vacation also creates beautiful memories and strengthens the bond of a family. However, before parents plan out a family vacation, some essential things must tag along with them and failing to pack these things can potentially ruin the whole holiday. Apart from the clothes, do you think you know any other essential things? Take a look below:
- Driving license or tickets for bus, train or plane
- Camera to capture the moments as well as its charger to power up the battery when it gets low
- Mobile phone and charger
- Toothbrushes and paste
- First aid kit
- Mosquito repellent
- Ice spray
- Passport and visa document
- EU adapters
- Proof of relationship in case your children have a different surname
- Insurance documents
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen lotion
- Sand toys
- Towel, and wipes
Do You Have a Toddler?
- A bag of snacks is always a great idea. As the saying goes, an apple a day will keep the doctor away. When going on a vacation with a toddler, it is advisable to bring the snacks because a bag full of snacks will keep your kid's boredom away. However, you need to be careful about the kind of meals you bring along. Avoid sugary snacks if you don't want them to have a stomach upset.
- Cartoons: While on vacation with kids, ensure you load up your smartphone with some kids’ cartoons like Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig, Wonder pets, etc. Kids shows are a lifesaver and would give you some alone time to rest.
- Toys: Even if the vacation is just a couple of days, make sure you bring some toys if you don't want to hear any whining or see any displeased faces.
- Extra diapers: If your kid is still using diapers, ensure you take some extra with you. Just in case things get messy. Kids can get very cranky if their diapers get soiled.
- Extra wipes: It is second nature for babies and toddlers to drop spits. Get a rolled tissue for easy cleanup.
- Garbage bag: Kids are known for creating a mess. With that in mind, make sure you have a garbage bag with you to dispose of the mess your kids will make, for those moments you aren't close to one.
Think about your everyday needs and cross check that with your travel needs to ensure you have everything necessary.
5 LAITE ROAD, Wilmington, MA 01887
5 LAITE ROAD, Wilmington, MA 01887
If you’re looking to update your home with a more chic, classic style black wall paint is the untraditional but obvious choice. Stand out from the crowd and a sea of white walls with this bold move.
Of course, not just any room can be painted black and called a look. A large room with bright, natural lighting is the perfect canvas to start with. What’s great about black walls is that, as a classic color, it can work in any room.
Black walls look crisp and modern with the sharp contrast of white baseboards and even as an accent wall in an otherwise white painted room. For the bold and adventurous, a black ceiling with white walls, despite what you might think, bring height and space to a room.
Tie in your color choice with other elements. Black wallpaper with a white pattern, subway tiles with a dark grout and black and white patterned tile are great ways to do just that. In a kitchen, glossy black cabinets look seamless next to black appliances. While black beadboard and shiplap bring a welcome change to a dominating trend.
Mix textures to keep things dynamic instead of sterile. Soft white elements like a sheepskin throw, curtains paired with sleek crisp lines will have guests believing you had a professional design your home.
White pieces, whether the porcelain in your bathroom, the mantel in the living room or marble countertops in the kitchen keep your space balanced. Furniture and flooring made of wood in lighter shades look best against the dark backdrop. Take a note from the Scandinavian stylebook by adding decor made up of burlap fabric, terracotta, fur, linen, and stone.
Color to Pair
Bronze and gold hardware add glamour and, when in the form of t-bars style drawer pulls, a very chic, minimalist take on the look. Keep an eye out for utensils, decorative bowls, serving trays and sculptures in these metallic hues to add to your room. And with these colors still growing in popularity they shouldn’t be too hard to find!
Navy helps to tone down the harshness of black while carrying the deep complexity of the darker color throughout the room. Light hues in addition to white, like creams, beiges, and grays maintain balance and brighten the room.
Bright colors add an unexpected pop against the neutral hues. Olive and forest greens add a rich, deepness while pinks, reds and yellow add a playful touch. Add in a dose of color with throw pillows or artwork. Or allow a piece to grab your visitors attention such as a sofa.
Painting a wall black is not for the faint of heart. It’s certainly a bold move but not an outlandish one. Instead, the final result is decidedly chic and even feels couture.